This course introduces the main concepts of the LINUX Operating System. The most commonly used commands and utilities are described in detail as are the command line wildcard and redirection facilities.
The course discusses the mechanisms by which a user acquires a login environment and the main features of the Bash shell are introduced.
- Booting sequence, disk partition and
- Creating, copying, renaming, moving and deleting files and directories
- Using the shell’s redirection and pipe facilities
- Editing text files using the vi editor
- Setting and changing access permissions on files
- Monitoring and controlling their own processes
- Using the basic file and text searching utilities
- Customising their own login environment